91% of the millennials use Facebook, Twitter-based businesses are more trustworthy, Instagram videos have 21% more interactions, and 80% of the B2B contacts are from LinkedIn.
Social networks are on the rise, and a considerable number of people use them on a daily basis. Over the past two decades, they have become one of the leading marketing channels. Currently, social networks are used by over 40% of the world’s population. If companies want to reach their target group effectively, they must have a quality marketing strategy and the data they can build on.
HubSpot put together useful statistics to help you figure out what to focus on. We’ve added a little local context. And look at not only the less popular Facebook but also Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Social Networks in General
- 42% of people around the world are active on some of the social networking sites, a staggering 3.2 billion users.
- Millennials (born between 1981 and 2000) use social networks in about 91% of cases, Generation X (1965 – 1980) accounts for 77.5% and 48% of the baby boomers (born 1946 – 1964).
- 54% of users use social networks to find a product.
- On average, users spend 2 hours and 22 minutes per day browsing social networks and chatting.
- Last year alone, 366 million people joined social networks. So about 1 million people every day.
- The popularity of Facebook among teenagers is falling rapidly. While in 2015 this platform was used by 71% of teenage respondents, this year it is only 51%.
- 74% of users check this social network every day.
- Most people visit this platform eight times a day.
- 96% of people access Facebook from a mobile phone.
- If a Facebook ad contains an image, it is 75 to 90% more efficient.
- 93% of advertisers invest in advertising on a regular basis.
- At least 3% of accounts are fake.
- This social network is used by 326 million people a month.
- 9% of users tweet every day.
- 83% of people who have tweeted and received a response have a better view of the business and are more likely to work with it.
- 53% of users said they had ever bought a product they first saw on Twitter.
- Instagram has 1 billion users, of which 500 million are active daily.
- This social network is becoming increasingly attractive to teenagers, using 72% of them.
- 59% of users of this platform are under 30 years old.
- The amount spent on advertising is 23% higher than on Facebook.
- Videos get 21% more interactions than images.
- The most entertaining is Instagram for users aged 16 to 24 and at least between the ages of 35 and 44.
- This social network has 660 million users worldwide.
- 80% of leads (mediated contacts) in the B2B segment come from this platform.
- 46% of the web traffic coming from social networks to companies is LinkedIn.
- YouTube prefers 83% of all users active on social networks.
- 54% of users require more content.
- 55% of YouTube users are men
Statistics are fascinating, but to be useful, marketers must build on them and adapt their best strategies and tactics to them. Social networks are rapidly changing and knowledge of their laws and differences determines which companies will be successful and which will remain in the area of the Internet average.